Hey, Smokin’ and Grillin’ family! Get ready for a culinary adventure that’s as easy as it is delicious. Today, we’re diving into the realm of comfort food with my signature Easy Chicken and Yellow Rice recipe. If you’ve been on the lookout for a family-friendly, budget-friendly dish that’ll have everyone singing your praises, look no further. I’ve got you covered with flavors that will dance on your taste buds.
Picture this: succulent chicken, perfectly browned, nestled in a bed of vibrant yellow rice infused with aromatic spices. It’s not just a meal; it’s a symphony of flavors and textures that’ll transport you straight to foodie heaven. This dish is not only a feast for the senses but also a practical choice. With easily accessible ingredients and a straightforward cooking process, you’ll be a kitchen maestro in no time.
- Chicken pieces (enough for your family size)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- Seasoning (A seasoning or your favorite poultry seasoning)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Branch and Vine Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Cilantro (or parsley for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to a toasty 365°F.
- In an oven-safe pan, heat up that infused olive oil over a medium flame.
- Place your chicken pieces skin side down and shower them with your chosen seasoning. Add a pinch of salt for that perfect balance.
- Brown those beauties on both sides until they willingly release from the pan. Adjust your seasoning game as needed.
- Remove any excess chicken grease, leaving just enough for flavor. Now, add the butter to the pan and let it melt into golden goodness.
- Stir in the long grain rice and let it toast in the butter until it becomes the canvas for your culinary masterpiece.
- Introduce turmeric, garlic powder, and onion powder to the rice. Mix it up like you’re creating a flavorful masterpiece.
- Pour in the chicken broth or stock, bringing it to a simmer. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste preferences.
- Add in chicken pieces. Cover the pan, either with a lid or foil, and transfer it into the preheated oven. Let it bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken achieves perfection.
- Verify the chicken’s readiness by checking its internal temperature with a trusty meat thermometer. Aim for at least 165°F.
- Once it’s done, fluff the rice with a fork and sprinkle some chopped cilantro or parsley on top for that final touch.
Expert Tips and Tricks:
- Use a splatter guard when browning the chicken to keep your kitchen mess-free.
- Hexclad pots and pans are oven-safe, making them perfect for this recipe.
- Save time and clean-up by using metal utensils with your Hexclad cookware.
- Spice it Up: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a kick.
- Lemon Zest Delight: Sprinkle lemon zest over the dish before serving.
- Veggie Explosion: Toss in your favorite vegetables for a colorful twist.
- Coconut Dream: Substitute half of the chicken broth with coconut milk for a tropical flair.
- Saffron Elegance: For a luxurious touch, use saffron threads instead of turmeric.
- Spanish Influence: Incorporate chorizo for a Spanish-inspired twist.
- Mediterranean Magic: Add olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese for a Mediterranean vibe.
- Asian Fusion: Mix in soy sauce, ginger, and scallions for an Asian-inspired version.
- One-Pot Wonder: Throw everything into a slow cooker for an easy, hands-off approach.
- BBQ Infusion: Finish the chicken on the grill for a smoky BBQ flavor.
What to Serve it With:
- Grilled Vegetables
- Roasted Asparagus
- Garlic Bread
- Caesar Salad
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Steamed Broccoli
- Avocado Slices
- Mango Salsa
- Cucumber Salad
- Cornbread Muffins
Easy Chicken and Yellow Rice
Preheat the oven to 365°F. In an oven-safe pan, heat infused olive oil over medium flame. Place the chicken pieces skin side down and sprinkle with your chosen seasoning. Add a pinch of salt. Brown the chicken on both sides until it releases easily from the pan. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Remove excess chicken grease, leaving a small amount. Add butter to the pan and melt it. Stir in 1 cup of long grain rice and toast it in the butter until it absorbs the flavors. Add turmeric, garlic powder, and onion powder to the rice. Mix well to evenly distribute the spices.
Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth or stock. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cover the pan with a lid or foil and transfer it to the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer, ensuring it reaches at least 165°F. Once done, fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve the delicious chicken and yellow rice with your favorite vegetables.
Just a heads up: This page might contain affiliate links. I’m here to share the kitchen tools I personally rely on daily. If you decide to click on a link and make a purchase, please be assured that you won’t incur any additional costs. However, I may earn a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!