In a world filled with rushed breakfasts, granola bars, and cereal, there’s something extraordinarily comforting about a hearty breakfast that’s both satisfying and easy to prepare. If you’re yearning for a morning meal that transcends the ordinary, you’re in for a treat. The One-Pan Breakfast Skillet Recipe is here to revolutionize your breakfast game, ensuring that each day begins with a mouthwatering experience that leaves your taste buds dancing with delight.
Picture this: a single pan holding the promise of crispy bacon, golden potatoes, sautéed onions and bell peppers, a flavorful array of sausage links, and eggs cooked to perfection. It’s all brought together with your preferred blend of herbs and spices, crowned with a luscious layer of melted cheddar cheese, and garnished with slices of ripe avocado and freshly cut green onions.
But that’s not all – this breakfast skillet is incredibly easy to make, and cleanup is a breeze since it all takes place in a single pan. Whether you’re whipping this up for a quiet breakfast by yourself, a family feast, or a brunch gathering with friends, this recipe is your newfound solution for a delectable start to your day.
Before we dive into the step-by-step guide, let’s explore the ensemble of ingredients that make this breakfast skillet so extraordinary. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4-6 strips Bacon: For that irresistible crispy texture and smoky flavor.
- 4-5 Russet Potatoes: To achieve the satisfying golden crispness that everyone adores.
- 1⁄2 cup Onion, diced: To infuse the dish with a subtle sweetness.
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced: Adding a vibrant and slightly sweet twist.
- 8-10 Sausage Links: A savory and substantial addition that takes this dish to the next level.
- Salt and Pepper to taste: Season to perfection.
- 4 Eggs: The star of the show, prepared just the way you like them.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese: For that irresistible melt-in-your-mouth goodness.
- Green Onions or Parsley, for garnish: Freshness and color to brighten up your plate.
- Sliced Avocado, for garnish: Creamy, buttery richness that complements the dish.
- 1 teaspoon AB’s All Purpose Seasoning: An all-in-one seasoning blend to elevate the flavors.
Now that we’ve assembled our ensemble cast of ingredients, it’s time to embark on the culinary journey. Here’s how to create the One-Pan Breakfast Skillet, step by step:
- Bacon Bliss: Begin by laying out the bacon strips in a cold cast-iron skillet. Gradually heat the skillet to keep the bacon straight. Allow the bacon to sizzle and curl up until it reaches that coveted crispy state. Once achieved, gently remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel to drain away any excess grease.
- Sausage Sensation: In the same skillet, add the sausage links. Roll them occasionally to ensure that they brown evenly. To ensure they’re perfectly cooked and safe to eat, use the trusty meat thermometer and confirm that they’ve reached an internal temperature of approximately 160-165°F. Once they’re ready, remove the sausages from the skillet and set them aside.
- Bacon Grease – A Culinary Secret: Don’t be too quick to discard the treasure that is bacon grease. It’s a valuable kitchen asset, especially for adding an extra layer of flavor to holiday cooking. Keep it for your culinary adventures.
- Potato Perfection: Keeping the skillet at medium heat, introduce the diced potatoes. Season them generously with your preferred seasoning or salt. For an extra flavorful kick, consider using the AB’s AP seasoning. Let the potatoes cook, stirring them occasionally until they turn golden brown.
- Veggie Elegance: Dice the onions and bell peppers, and add them into the skillet. Continue cooking and stirring to ensure that the onions are distributed evenly throughout the dish. Their slightly sweet and vibrant presence will elevate the entire skillet.
- Create Wells: Using a spoon, create small wells or indentations in the potato and vegetable mixture.
- Crack Eggs in Wells: With the wells ready, crack the eggs directly into each one. To enhance the seasoning, sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt on each egg. Cover the skillet, creating the perfect environment for the eggs to cook to your desired level of doneness.
- Cheese Topping: Just before the eggs reach their ultimate state of perfection, sprinkle a generous layer of cheddar cheese on top. The residual heat will work its magic, melting the cheese to gooey goodness that ties the whole skillet together.
- Garnish and Delight: To add the final touches, garnish your breakfast skillet with slices of ripe avocado. This creamy, buttery addition infuses the dish with extra richness. Freshly cut green onions or a sprinkle of parsley provide a burst of color and a touch of freshness. Now, your One-Pan Breakfast Skillet is ready to take center stage on your dining table!
Expert Tips and Tricks:
- Customization: This recipe is highly adaptable. Feel free to customize it with your favorite ingredients, such as mushrooms, spinach, or different types of cheese.
- Spice it Up: For a zesty kick, consider adding a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Bacon Grease Savvy: Don’t forget to hold onto that precious bacon grease for future culinary endeavors.
- Vegetarian Option: Skip the bacon and sausage, and introduce more vegetables, like mushrooms and spinach, to create a vegetarian version.
- Tex-Mex Twist: Add some salsa and diced jalapeños to infuse the skillet with a zesty Tex-Mex flair.
- Mediterranean Flare: Opt for feta cheese and olives, seasoning with oregano and fresh basil to give your skillet a Mediterranean twist.
What to Serve it With:
While this breakfast skillet is a complete and hearty meal on its own, you can pair it with a side of toast, fresh fruit, or a simple mixed greens salad for a well-rounded breakfast or brunch.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in a skillet or microwave until heated through. Enjoy the deliciousness for a few days after!
One-Pan Breakfast Skillet Recipe
This One-Pan Breakfast Skillet Recipe is a quick and satisfying way to start your day. In just one pan, you’ll combine crispy bacon, golden potatoes, sautéed vegetables, and perfectly cooked eggs, all seasoned with your favorite herbs and spices. It’s a hearty, flavorful breakfast that’s easy to make and even easier to clean up. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or a crowd, this recipe will become your go-to for a delicious morning meal.
In a cold cast-iron skillet, lay out the bacon slices. Gradually heat the skillet to keep the bacon straight. Cook the bacon until it becomes crispy. Once done, remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel to drain excess grease.
In the same skillet, start browning the sausages. Roll them occasionally to ensure they brown evenly. Use a meat thermometer to check that the sausages reach a safe internal temperature of around 160-165°F. Remove the sausages from the skillet and set them aside.
Reserve the bacon grease for added flavor. It’s a valuable kitchen asset, especially for holiday cooking.
Keep the skillet at medium heat. Add the diced potatoes to the skillet. Season them with your favorite seasoning or salt. You can use the AB’s AP seasoning if you have it. Allow the potatoes to cook, stirring occasionally until they turn golden brown.
Dice the onions and bell peppers and add them to the skillet for a flavorful twist. Continue cooking and stirring to incorporate the onions evenly into the dish.
Using a spoon, create small wells or indentations in the potato mixture to accommodate the eggs.
Crack the eggs directly into the wells you created. Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt on each egg for seasoning. Cover the skillet to let the eggs cook to your desired level of doneness.
Just before the eggs are fully set, sprinkle a layer of cheese on top. The residual heat will melt the cheese to perfection.
Garnish your breakfast skillet with slices of ripe avocado for an extra flavor boost and green onion or parsley. Serve your delicious one-pan breakfast skillet and enjoy!
Just a heads up: This page might contain affiliate links. I’m here to share the kitchen tools I personally rely on daily. If you decide to click on a link and make a purchase, please be assured that you won’t incur any additional costs. However, I may earn a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!