Welcome to the flavorful world of Smokin’ and Grillin’ wit AB! Today, we’re diving into the heart of smoky goodness with a tantalizing recipe for One Pot Smokin’ and Grillin’ Chicken and Rice. This dish is a celebration of bold flavors, simplicity, and the joy of cooking. Join us as we explore the aromatic journey of basmati rice, succulent chicken thighs, and a medley of spices that’ll have your taste buds dancing.
- Basmati Rice (1½ cups): We begin with the backbone of our dish – fragrant basmati rice. Its long grains and aromatic profile elevate the entire experience, providing a canvas for the smoky flavors to shine.
- Chicken Thighs (6 pieces): Ah, the hero of our pot! Chicken thighs bring a succulent tenderness that grilling enthusiasts adore. Seasoned with a blend of mixed herbs, smoked paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder, these thighs are ready to steal the spotlight.
- Smoky Essentials:
- Mixed Herbs (1½ teaspoons): A harmonious blend of dried herbs adds depth to our dish.
- Smoked Paprika (2 teaspoons): The essence of smokiness that transforms every bite into a grill-side experience.
- Onion Powder (1 teaspoon): For a subtle oniony kick that melds seamlessly with the other flavors.
- Garlic Powder (1 teaspoon): Because, let’s be honest, everything is better with garlic!
- Olive Oil (2 tablespoons): Our cooking companion, bringing richness and a hint of fruitiness to the party Or you can try My Branch and Vine Infused Oil
- Chopped Onion (1 cup): Any onion variety will do – yellow, red, or white. Sautéed to golden perfection, they add sweetness and texture.
- Butter (1 tablespoon): A touch of buttery indulgence to enhance the richness of the dish.
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock (3 cups): The liquid gold that binds everything together, infusing each grain of rice and every inch of chicken with flavor.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste: The chefs’ secret – seasoning to taste. Don’t be shy; let your palate guide you.
- Green Onions (½ cup): For the finishing touch, a sprinkle of freshness. Feel free to substitute with chives, parsley, or coriander according to your preference.
Seasoning the Thighs: Start by generously coating the chicken thighs with our smoky spice blend – mixed herbs, smoked paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Let them marinate, allowing the flavors to mingle and dance.
The Searing Act: Heat up a generous amount of olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Lay those seasoned chicken thighs down and let them sizzle to golden perfection. This step is crucial – it’s the grilling moment that infuses the dish with that irresistible smokiness.
Onion Elegance: In the same pot, introduce the chopped onions. Sauté until they become translucent, joining the chicken in the aromatic symphony.
Rice’s Turn: Stir in the uncooked basmati rice, letting each grain get coated in the flavorful dance happening in the pot. Toast the rice for a couple of minutes, allowing it to absorb the smoky essence.
Buttery Affair: Time for a touch of indulgence – add that tablespoon of butter and let it melt into the rice, creating a luscious foundation for the dish.
The Stock Saga: Pour in the low sodium chicken stock, bringing the mixture to a gentle simmer. This is the moment when magic starts happening – the rice absorbing the smoky goodness, the chicken continuing its flavorful journey.
Chicken’s Return: Nestle those seared chicken thighs back into the pot, letting them rest among the grains of rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste, ensuring every element is in perfect harmony.
Lid On, Simmer On: Cover the pot with a lid, reducing the heat to low. Allow the symphony to simmer for 15-20 minutes – the rice cooking to perfection, the chicken reaching its succulent peak.
Garnish Grandeur: As the One pot Chicken and Rice unveils its smoky secrets, garnish with a generous sprinkle of green onions. If you prefer, feel free to substitute with chives, parsley, or coriander for a personalized touch.
Serve and Savor: The moment has arrived. Dish out this smoky masterpiece onto plates, and savor the flavors that transport you to a grill-side feast, courtesy of Smokin’ and Grillin’ wit AB.
One Pot Chicken and Rice
season the chicken thighs with mixed herbs, smoked paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Ensure each thigh is well coated.
Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add the seasoned chicken thighs to the pot and sear them until golden brown on both sides. This will give the chicken a nice grilled flavor. Remove the chicken and set it aside.
In the same pot, add chopped onions and sauté until they become translucent.
Stir in the uncooked basmati rice and cook for a couple of minutes until the rice is lightly toasted.
Add the butter and allow it to melt, coating the rice evenly.
Pour in the low sodium chicken stock and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Place the seared chicken thighs back into the pot, nestling them into the rice mixture.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked, and the chicken is fully cooked through.
Once done, garnish with chopped green onions (or your preferred substitute like chives, parsley, or coriander).
Serve hot, and enjoy your delicious One Pot Smoky Grilled Chicken and Rice!
Recommended Items From My Store
AB’s Signature Series Apron – Olive
Just a heads up: This page might contain affiliate links. I’m here to share the kitchen tools I personally rely on daily. If you decide to click on a link and make a purchase, please be assured that you won’t incur any additional costs. However, I may earn a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!