Hey there, folks! It’s AB, and today, we’re not just grillin’, we’re divin’ into the depths of culinary delight with a recipe that’ll make your taste buds sing: Effortless Savory Butter Garlic Scallops! I’m talkin’ about those plump, juicy sea scallops, kissed by the flames, and smothered in a rich, garlicky butter sauce. It’s like a flavor explosion in your mouth, and trust me, you’re gonna love it.
Now, grab that apron, ’cause we’re about to take a flavorful journey that’s so darn easy. I’ll break it down for you, step by smokin’ step. But first, let’s gather the goodies for this seafood masterpiece:
- 1 tablespoon of good ol’ olive oil
- 1 pound of those gorgeous sea scallops
- A generous pinch of salt
- A dash of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic (get it nice and fine)
- 1 medium lemon (squeeze half and slice the rest)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley (the green stuff!)
Now that you’ve gathered up your ingredients, let’s get ready to hit that grill or stovetop. You’ll be grillin’ these scallops to perfection in no time!
Step 1: Prep ‘n Pat (AB-style) Alright, let’s kick this off right. First, grab them sea scallops and give ’em a good ol’ pat-down. We want those little fellas dry as a bone. A couple of paper towels should do the trick. Ain’t no room for extra moisture here, folks. We’re smokin’, not steamin’.
Step 2: Season the Scene (AB-style) Now, it’s time to lay down some flavor. We’re not going fancy with the seasonings because these sea treasures are stars in their own right. Just a pinch of salt and a dash of black pepper to complement their natural goodness. Keep it simple, keep it smokin’.
Step 3: Bring the Heat (AB-style) Get that grill or stovetop cranked up! You want that pan to be smokin’ hot, just like your favorite BBQ pit. If you’re using a cast-iron skillet, that’s golden. Throw in that trusty olive oil and let it sizzle away.
Step 4: Sear ’em Right (AB-style) Now, the magic happens. Place those seasoned scallops in the skillet. Don’t crowd ’em; give ’em room to breathe. You’ll hear that sizzle – it’s music to your ears. Let ’em sear for about 2 to 2.5 minutes on each side, ’til they’ve got that golden-brown crust that’ll make you wanna slap your mama (but don’t, ’cause we’re sharin’ here).
Step 5: Butter ‘n Garlic (AB-style) While your scallops take a breather, let’s whip up a sauce that’s gonna make your taste buds do the happy dance. Melt that Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in the skillet. Drop in the minced garlic and let it sizzle. That aroma, my friends, is what dreams are made of.
Squeeze the juice from half that lemon right into the mix. Zesty, fresh, and full of pizzazz. Season it up with a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of that trusty black pepper. Stir it all up, and you’ve got yourself a sauce that’ll make you weak in the knees.
Step 6: Scallops Reunite (AB-style) Time to bring those scallops back to the party! Coat ’em generously with that garlicky butter sauce. Watch ’em soak it all up, like they’re havin’ a buttery bath. It’s a sight for sore eyes, I tell ya.
Step 7: Plate and Feast (AB-style) Now, let’s talk presentation, y’all. Plate those beautiful scallops like you’re creatin’ a work of art. Garnish ’em with fresh parsley, and add some lemon slices for a pop of color.
Look at what you’ve created. It’s not just a meal; it’s a masterpiece. And the best part? You get to devour it.
Additional Tips and Tricks:
1. Quality Scallops:
- Don’t skimp on quality. Fresh scallops are the way to go. Look for them at your local seafood market or trusted grocery store.
2. Defrosting Frozen Scallops:
- If you can’t find fresh, frozen scallops are fine. Thaw ’em in the fridge overnight. Steer clear of the microwave; we’re grillin’, not nukin’.
3. Dry ‘Em Good:
- I can’t stress this enough – those scallops need to be drier than a Texas summer. Pat ’em down with paper towels before seasoning.
4. Blaze that Pan:
- Get that pan smokin’ hot before adding your scallops. We want a sizzle, not a simmer.
5. Mind the Crowding:
- Give your scallops some space in the pan. Overcrowding means they’ll steam, not sear. We’re aiming for that golden-brown crust, remember?
6. Scallop Uniformity:
- Try to use scallops of similar size for even cooking. No one wants a scallop-sized surprise.
7. Easy-Peasy Scallops (AB-style)
- Now, here’s the kicker, folks. These scallops are not just delicious; they’re easy as pie to make. You don’t need to be a seasoned chef to master this dish. It’s perfect for impressing your guests with minimal effort – just the way we like it!
Well, folks, that’s it. You’re now armed with the know-how to create a dish that’ll make you the barbecue hero of your household. So fire up that grill or stovetop, give it a go, and let me know how your journey with these Effortless Savory Butter Garlic Scallops turns out. It’s gonna be a taste sensation like no other. Enjoy, y’all!
Make the Perfect Savory Butter Garlic Scallops Every Time
Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat a large, cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Sear scallops for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned and scallops are cooked through. Remove scallops from pan to a plate.
Add Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt to skillet and let melt. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Squeeze in the juice of half the lemon, then add the scallops back to the pan and top with parsley.
Serve over cooked pasta with extra lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Just a heads up: This page might contain affiliate links. I’m here to share the kitchen tools I personally rely on daily. If you decide to click on a link and make a purchase, please be assured that you won’t incur any additional costs. However, I may earn a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!